Discontinued please check our another replacement DL5000
Novel Juice Non Toxic DNA Stain Solution Dye
Novel Juice is a non-mutagenic fluorescent reagent that produces instant visualization of DNA bands upon LED Blue Light or UV illumination of agarose gels. The reagent was supplied in GeneDireX’s 6X DNA Loading Buffer. Novel Juice is used to prepare DNA ladders/markers and samples for loading on agarose or polyacrylamide gels. Novel Juice non toxic reagent is the most sensitive stain available for detecting the double-stranded DNA (dsDNA). The solution contains three tracking dyes (Bromophenol Blue, Xylene Cyanol FF, and Orange G) for visually tracking the DNA migration during the electrophoresis process. This reagent is ideal for the environment requiring a safe , non-hazardous alternative to Ethidium Bromide.
Novel Juice non toxic DNA Stain keeps your lab safe
- Safe – Absence of mutagenity and low toxicity (LC>5000mg/kg) as compared to Ethidium Bromide.
- Low Environmental Impact – Compliance with the Clean Water Act standards. No water pollution concern.
- Sensitivity – High degree of sensitivity equal or better than Ethidium Bromide.
- Convenience – Ready to Use; Same application procedures as the 6X Loading Dye.
- Speed – No de-staining requirement, low background value, and image displayed after coupling with the nucleic acid.
- Compatibility – Use the Blue Light or UV to detect the signal; Broad compatibility range.
- Economic – Non-hazardous product; No expenses required for the waste management.
As you may have known that ethidium bromide is toxic. It can cause DNA mutation. It is not safe to lab personnel who uses it as daily bases. Since ethidium bromide causes DNA mutation when you do cloning it will not only low your cloning efficiency (see the following diagram) but also causes mutations in your final clones. When you do DNA sequencing of your final cloning you will always be able to find mutation in your sequence, which were caused by UV illuminator AND ethidium bromide. Sometimes if you don’t have enough clones you have to re-do the cloning. Switch to the non-toxic DNA dye to save money and save Earth! At least you can switch it when you do cloning.